February 27, 2018
How to use your GoBe 2
Fastening the Band
Fasten GoBe 2 tightly on your wrist so that the band’s sensors are in direct contact with your skin. This is important to ensure the most accurate readings and reporting by your GoBe 2 device.
If your GoBe 2 is not in close enough contact with your skin, it will display "NO CONTACT" on the device screen and vibrate every 15 seconds until proper contact is restored. If it is not properly positioned on your wrist for 5 consecutive minutes, it will turn off automatically.
For more accurate calculations, the sensors need time to establish contact with your skin. During this acclimation period, the accuracy of the readings may decrease. For the best results, we recommend wearing the band for at least 30-60 minutes before eating.
If you eat immediately after putting on your GoBe 2, it may not have the necessary time to detect changes in your body thus decreasing the accuracy of your calorie intake measurement for that meal.
Why is it important wear GoBe 2 as frequently as possible?
GoBe 2 measures the number of calories and your body digests and nutrients in your blood, not the number of calories you consume. This means that GoBe 2 is counting your calorie intake well after you’ve finished your meal, so if you remove it before the end of the digestion process, some calories will be unaccounted for.
The full digestion process can take several hours. The duration of this process depends on the type and quantity of food you consume as well as your body’s unique characteristics and metabolic rate. Other variables that can impact the rate your body processes and digests food include previous meals, physical activity, current status and stress level.
The digestion process is ongoing while you are asleep, so if you want the greatest accuracy from your GoBe 2, wear the band constantly, except to charge in the morning before consuming a meal. Minimally, you should not remove GoBe 2 for at least 3-4 hours after your last meal of the day if you wish to take it off to sleep.
When do I charge my GoBe 2?
The best time to charge your GoBe 2 is in the morning before breakfast. Charging the bracelet at this time will give you the most accurate calorie intake measurement.
The GoBe 2 takes up to 45 minutes to charge if charged daily. Also note that after the device has charged, GoBe 2 needs at least 30 minutes to connect with your body before eating.
What else can affect the accuracy of the device?
1. Profile Information: Make sure your personal profile information is correct. Do not forget to update information on your current weight if it changes.
2. Moisturizing Creams or Oils: Do not apply cream or oil to moisturize the skin underneath the sensor. It can interfere with the device’s readings.
3. Skin Imperfections: Scars, tattoos and substantial hair growth on the wrist under the sensor can decrease the accuracy of the measurements.
4. Physiological State: After a sleepless night, a change in time zone, or in a state of heightened emotional stress, GoBe 2’s accuracy may decrease.
5. Dietary Restrictions: GoBe 2 is designed in compliance with the conditions of a healthy nutritious diet. Fasting or severe dietary restrictions (i.e., a ketogenic diet)can affect the accuracy of the device.*
6. Sports Nutrition: GoBe measures nutrients by estimating your blood glucose level. Therefore, sports nutrition (isolates, protein, itp) will only be reflected in the overall analysis of incoming calories, but will not be counted as nutrients.*
7. Alcohol: GoBe 2 recognizes calories from carbohydrates in alcoholic beverages (i.e., sugars in soda, juice, wine, beer, flavored liquor, etc.), but not calories in alcohol. When using GoBe 2 to track your calorie intake, remember that the number of calories your body absorbs will be higher than GoBe 2 reports.
8. Medical Conditions: GoBe 2 is not recommended for people with medical conditions that affect water-salt balance, cardiovascular function or metabolic processes (i.e., diabetes, chronic hepatitis, hormonal disorders, circulatory failure, obesity, diseases that impair renal function, etc.)*
9. Medication: Any medication that affects water-salt balance, cardiovascular function or metabolic processes can impact the accuracy of GoBe 2.*
10. Acute Illnesses: GoBe 2 is not recommended for users with acute illnesses that raise body temperature above 37° C (98.6° F), or cause physical aches or pain.*
11. Extreme Climates: Extreme cold, warmth, dryness or humidity (i.e., tropical or desert climates), or high atmospheric pressure (i.e., mountains) can impact the accuracy of your GoBe 2.
*Always seek help from a doctor or other qualified healthcare professional who will answer all your questions related to medical contraindications for diets or exercise.
Taking care of the device
Do not use Healbe GoBe in salt or chlorinated water - this will damage the device casing.
To prevent skin irritation, wipe the GoBe 2 sensor after any active physical activity.
Cleaning the pins on the charger at least once a week using a clean cotton swab.To clean the casing, wipe all areas of the device EXCEPT the sensors with a soft or microfiber cloth that will not scratch the device. If necessary, slightly dampen the cloth with water).
For more information on how to care for your GoBe 2, read our full care and maintenance instructions here.