Five Tips for Using GoBe from the GoLab Advisors
As Healbe™ continues to ship GoBe body managers, we wanted to share a few tips for getting the most out of your new GoBe—so we turned to our GoLab Advisors, a group of hand-selected group of nutrition, health, and fitness professionals who have been using GoBe in their daily lives.
The Advisors are about halfway through the GoLab program now, and we’re excited to share their top tips for using GoBe to live a happier, healthier life. Learn more about the GoLab here.
Five Tips for Using GoBe:
- Simply wear it! It seems obvious, but our Advisors report that they get the most out of GoBe when they wear it around the clock, taking it off only to charge. This allows the Healbe FLOW™ algorithms to learn your body’s response to food, sleep, exercise, stress, and other health factors, and give you more accurate insights over time—and it lets you see the big picture of your health and wellness.
- Give it time. Many of our Advisors found that the body manager’s insights became more accurate over time as the FLOW algorithms calibrated to their bodies.
- Fill out your profile. When you first set up your GoBe, you’ll be asked to fill out a profile with some basic information about yourself (age, height, weight, etc.)—along with some less-basic information, like stride and arm length. Our Advisors have found that inaccurate or incomplete profile information is one of the biggest sources of inaccurate insights from GoBe. So, if you want calorie intake and other measurements you can trust, be sure to fill out your profile accurately! For example, to ensure proper heart rate readings, make sure to sit quietly for at least ten minutes before measuring your resting heart rate.
- Get a calorie intake measurement. Automatic calorie intake measurement is one of the things our Advisors have been most excited about. They’ve found that it’s critical to follow the instructions in the GoBe User Manual in order to get as more as possible accurate automatic calorie intake measurements—including filling out the profile, as mentioned above. Also, Advisors who wear their body managers more consistently get more accurate calorie intake measurements. This makes sense, as it takes time for your body to digest food after a meal, and if you take your GoBe off a lot, it won’t be able to form a complete picture of your calorie intake. To better understand calorie intake and how GoBe works, check out this blog post.
- Connect the dots. Our Advisors may have focused initially on automatic calorie intake measurement, but they’ve told us that they find themselves logging into their apps in order to make connections between the body manager’s different insights. For example, if your GoBe app tells you that your stress level is high, you may find other insights that can help you figure out what’s going on with your body—like lack of sleep, food, water, or exercise. Identifying connections and patterns over time is a great way to use GoBe to improve your overall health and wellbeing.
As more and more people start using GoBe, we are looking forward to hearing more about how the automatic body manager can help you understand your body and live a happier, healthier life.
Next Article →