September 22, 2014
The Tough Call That Will Make Sure GoBe Exceeds Expectations
Ever since we launched our Indiegogo campaign to fund GoBe, there have been those who’ve said 100% automatic calorie tracking was impossible—but thanks to our supporters, we’ve made it a reality. Our initial production run of body managers has been independently tested and proven to automatically measure calorie and nutrient intake. We’re so close to delivering on this revolutionary promise, and now we’re making the call to push back shipping one more time, until mid-to-late November.
We know there are a lot of you out there who can’t wait to get GoBe, so we want to make sure you understand exactly why we’re making this decision. High temperatures during molding make the body manager warp slightly, so the cover sometimes comes off when you repeatedly remove the device body from the band.
The good news is, we have a fix:
• We’ve modified the clips that attach the cover to the back of the device body.
• We’re using a crimping press to make sure the cover holds its shape during assembly.
We know from our experience with hardware production that simple changes aren’t always simple. To make sure GoBe exceeds expectations, we need to refine the assembly process and rebuild the mold. This will take several weeks, but we think it’s critically important to do things right, rather than rushing this revolutionary product out the door prematurely.
The shipping delay doesn’t mean that everything’s on hold. We will be sending functional GoBe body managers to press in late October, so you’ll be seeing reviews soon. We’ll also be:
• Putting GoBe through another round of independent tests with a research lab in New York
• Translating the app into Spanish, French, German, Chinese, and Russian
• Refining the FLOW algorithms for even more accurate measurement of calorie and nutrient intake, especially for people on low-carb diets.
We think the promise of 100% automatic calorie management is something worth waiting for, and we thank you for your patience and continued support.
Next Article →